Substantive Law Committees
Joining a substantive law committee is a great way for members to improve their knowledge and skills in a specific practice area, share their expertise with clients and peers, and participate in the leadership of the organization.
Each of the substantive law committees provides vital support to OACTA’s members through programs and publications.
To view the Substantive Law Committee web pages, you must log in to the members only section. Log in now.
- Presentations at the OACTA Annual Meeting and one day CLE seminars and networking events are designed to provide practitioners with highly specialized programming devoted to a specific practice area.
- These committees produce the OACTA Quarterly Review, a defense-oriented scholarly publication dedicated to the analysis and discussion of current issues. Each edition of the Quarterly Review is published by and devoted to issues pertaining to one of OACTA's substantive law committees.
- Articles and legal updates related to the specific practice areas are also provided to members by these committees in The Update, OACTA's e-newsletter.
- Each substantive law committee has its own web page with practice area information, including case law updates, news, information about the committee's activities, and other practice area content.
The following are the OACTA Substantive Law Committees:
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Appellate Advocacy
- Business & Commercial Litigation
- Construction Litigation
- Employment Law
- Environmental Law/Toxic Tort
- Government Liability
- Insurance Coverage
- Medical Negligence
- Personal Injury
- Product Liability
- Professional Liability
- Trial Tactics
- Worker's Compensation
Contact the OACTA office (email@example.com) or the OACTA Substantive Law Committee Chairs to join a Committee!